Thursday, November 6, 2008

Elder Lundin's November Up-date











Elder Matt Lundin
C/Prosperidad n·32 2A
38006
Santa Cruz deTenerife
Canary Islands, Spain



This is a portion of Matt’s letter last week....I blew it and didn’t get the e-mail remeinder out in time for Chad, Matt and Trevor....sorry guys...I’ll do better next month :)

Well things here continue to go well. It has been an awesome week for us. We had our zone conference friday night. It was pretty good. Then the next two days I got to do splits with Elder Sorenson. He is from Cali. his brother is playing linebacker at the Y he's a freshman and the kicker is his cousin. He plays QB and said he had some pac 10 offers but went to a small junior college and came here. He wants to play at byu he says. We´ll see, he looks like a qb and has a rocket arm so I think he's got a chance. But anyway doing splits with him was awesome. He is a way good missionary, way humble and just loves doing missionary work. I just tried to learn as much as I could from him and I did. He goes home in about 6 months or something. but he's a way good guy. there is a lot of missionaries that can talk a big talk if you know what I mean but really don't walk it. Like they say all these things then they never do them. Well not a lot but some. But he just does the work. he is a good example. So never forget how far your example goes. People notice. even if you don't know it, everyone notices your example. Well we had a district conference. A stake conference, and it was in Tenerife but all the islands are in the district so they had it on tv for the other islands. It was good conference. before the conference we met the recent convert antony, the guy form guatemala, at the bus station and we went together. We sat down and the district president asked he would share a 5 minute testimony. haha this is a guy who was baptized 4 months ago and he gets asked to share a 5 minute testimony in stake conference!!! It was such a good testimony. He was really straightforward at one part and said..Look, us new converts we have a tough time in the beginning. WE NEED YOUR HELP. It was so sweet he's such a good guy. Then later that day we taught his cousin named Rocio. she's way cool too I hope she’ll get baptized soon, but his testimony wa awesome.I’m trying to think about anything else funny or something that happened.... oh ya a couple of weeks ago we went over to this African guys house to eat because he said he wanted to feed us some day. So we go over there and im thinking were gonna get some meat or something, and he brings out a huge plate of Octopus. YES!!! wow it scared me. It was like a real freakin octopus. There was tentacles and everything. But we took it down. It was surprisingly really good. but after that he brought out a plate of fu fu. Its pretty much just a huge plate of dough then you dip it in this meat sauce stuff. It was ok. But me and my comp got half way don't and we were stuffed. So we told him, hey Abdul I don't know if were gonna be able to finish this man we need some help.. Then he said ¨Oh no problem me and Mary can finish it later,” then looked at us and said, “But you people will eat it all and make me happy.¨ hahah just think of that in a African accent from a huge African man. So we struggled through and took it all down.


I've been lucky the only weird stuff I've eaten is octopus and cow stomach. Cow stomach is freaking gross by the way.

No comments: