Saturday, October 11, 2008

Elder Gray

Hey guys,

I am still here in Summerside, PEI. I am finishing up my third transfer here. I think I will probably be here for a fourth transfer too so that I can finish up training Elder Trump. The training is going good. I am loving it and learning a lot. It is funny because I will do something and then Elder Trump will do the same thing. It is good though because I always have to watch what I do and say.

We are still teaching the lady named Dorothy that I talked about last time. She is progressing very well. It seems like everything we teach her she agrees with and accepts. The word of wisdom is a big problem here because it seems everyone smokes, drinks alcohol, coffee and tea. They are TIm Horton's every where. I guess Elder Alldredge will be the only one who knows what that is being a Canada thing. But still the same basically everyone does one thing against the Word of Wisdom if not more. And when we taught Dorothy the Word of Wisdom we found out that the only thing she drinks is herbal tea. Which is not against the Word of Wisdom. Then we taught her about tithing and fast offerings. She didn't have a problem about either one. And in fact every time she comes to church she donates to the fast offerings. So she is not even a member yet and she is paying fast offerings. It is crazy how prepared she is. We will be setting a baptismal date around October 14th when she gets back from vacation out west.

It is starting to get pretty cold again. I had to get out the sweater and took (beanie) the other night. I am loving it here though. We are finding a good amount of success.

Oh yeah I had to give a training in a district meeting with President Jacobsen our mission president there. Giving a training in district meeting is not too bad but there is a lot more pressure with your mission president there. It went good though.

We run into a good amount of people from Quebec due to the tourist area this is. Some guys asked me if I spoke french the other day at McDonalds and I laughed. When I told them no they didn't want to talk with us ha-ha. We also have run into some people from the Bahamas. And one of them was even a member. We also see a lot of Japanese because they all have to read Anne of Green Gables in school. Then they want to come and see what it looks like. We see a lot of different people with it being tourist season but that is coming to a close now.

I look forward to getting the newsletter to see how all of you are doing. Good luck and keep up the good work.
Love, Elder Jordan Gray

No comments: