Saturday, October 11, 2008

Elder Miguel

Well transfers were today. My comp Elder Figueroa went home and now i am with Elder Flint from Layton. This Saturday Adilson and Marisa are finally getting married but we have to set another baptismal date because he still hasn't stopped smoking. So yeah we are trying to help him with that. There is this other couple, Ismael and Paola, we started teaching and we marked for them to be baptized on the 11th of October. Everything is going well with them, they're going to church, reading the livro de mormon, praying, and they´re married haha. We´re going to teach them the 3rd lesson later today. Yeah i think those are the only 4 baptisms we have marked right now. But hopefully this transfer we´ll have more.
I got this sweet golden harmonica that i can play a ton of hymns on now. A member gave it to Elder Figueroa but he already had one so now i have it. I also got this guitar that sounds horrible but it works. Oh yeah so I guess Elder Flint brought a guitar with him too which is sweet.
I finally got the august newsletter today haha. I only get mail like during transfers and zone conferences.
I would have sent pics but this computer isn't letting me. Ill try and send some next week.
Well good luck to everyone else. Tchau.
Love, Elder Miguel

Oh yeah I forgot to mention about Tammy and Laurance who we have been teaching. We taught them everything but the only problem is they haven't been to church yet. and Laurance started having soccer practice on sundays. But the cool thing is, so i guess both tammy and Laurance are adopted, we finally met their Mom who is Canadian. I don't know her name but she speaks english, french, and portuguese. She said she wanted a book of mormon in English. So it will be sweet if we get to teach a lesson in English for a change. Oh and Chad yeah sure ill help you teach that portuguese lady haha. Até mais de novo.
Elder Miguel

No comments: