So, I have decided that missions are pretty much the hardest thing ever.
But, regardless of what I may think, here I am. Anyone who says missions were
easy is lying straight to your face. Sure, the physical stress is very
difficult, but it's the emotional stress and the spiritual stress that's enough
to kill a man.
So, we had a lesson with Bill and Kris. They are a very random couple
(much to our disadvantage), and like to say things that have nothing to do with
what we are talking about. While we were just talking to them, they randomly
asked us, "How do we join your church?" I was able to answer. Also, previous
to us talking about the Word of Wisdom, they randomly just said, "I won't say
another word about it," stood up, and handed us some booklets they had on their
table. They were "how to stop smoking" booklets. I was very confused by their
comments, but I was okay with that. They are a strange couple of people, but
they are good people.
Another strange thing happened this week. We were again teaching Bill
and Kris, when, toward the end of the lesson, someone started mowing their
lawn. Keep in mind it was a little after 9:00 pm. Who mows their lawn that
late? They don't have the excuse that it's too hot during the day, because it
hasn't been hot at all. They were mowing their lawn all the way through to the
end of the lesson.
As for my companion, I now see why we were together another transfer. I
can honestly say, I could marry any after my mission. I will be able to
get along with ANYONE. Hopefully that paints the picture of how my companion
is.
Mzm,
So, I learned something (I know, miracles DO happen). I was just
casually sitting in Sacrament meeting yesterday, and the high councilor got up
and spoke. I found out after that he wasn't planning on speaking, but he felt
very strongly that he needed to, so he did. But whilst he was speaking, he
said something that hit me very hard. What hit me was something that had
nothing to do with what he was talking about. I came to a realization. One
thing that a mission does for you is force you to find comfort in the Savior.
You learn how to turn to Jesus Christ. There are times when you find no love
from anyone, not even the only person you can talk to, your companion.
Usually, when those times came while at home, you could return home to a mother
and father who love you regardless. This is not the case on a mission. It is
at times like this that you have to turn to the Savior, which is what we have
been taught to do anyway. When you are at home, you don't really ever have to
do that. Here, there is no other way. So anyway, sorry for that run-on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment