Monday, September 8, 2008

ELDER ROB MIGUEL - Brazil, Curitiba Mission

Queridos amigos
Well I´m in the city of Ponta Grossa right now. It´s two hours away from Curtiba. My companiero is Elder Figueroa from SLC. He has lived in Bolivia for five years and Peru for six cause his dad is Peruvian. He goes home in like a month so he´s way trunky.
I´m getting used to walking like fifteen miles a day and am getting a pretty good farmers tan haha. i am also getting used hand washing and hanging my clothes up to dry too. We eat rice and beans usually everyday at member´s homes. But if I could I would eat cereal everyday if they had it here.
So I was running in circles for exercise last and was going to do 30 laps. When I was on like my 27th I sped up and tripped on this gutter thing and scraped a chunk of my right hand off from the fall. Anyway now it hurts everytime I shake someone´s hand haha.
The work is good here in Ponta Grossa. Yesterday we found and started teaching this one family the primeiro lição. Right after my comp finished the first vision, Andrea, the mom said "it´s true" in portuguese. I smiled and in my mind I was like "yup" haha. So I´m excited about that family. We have four baptismal dates set, two on the 7th of September and two on the 14th. We are marrying Adilson and Marisa on the 12th and baptize them on the 14th. They have been together for nine years and have two little s. So im excited for them.
Well keep working hard everyone else. Tchau.
Love
Elder Miguel

No comments: