Wednesday, February 4, 2009
Elder Anderson - December
Well, I have some bad news. BYU lost to Utah. I am very surprised that nobody made reference to that.So, we had an interesting week this week. On average, we teach about 11 to 14 lessons per week. That is pretty good in this mission. According to Elder L. Tom Perry, we are to teach 20 lessons per week. I have never done that thus far on my mission. We made it a goal this week to do that. We did everything we possibly could to teach 20 lessons. By Saturday, we had taught 14 lessons, and still had 6 more to go. That is a lot of teaching to do in one day. We started the day with one lesson, but then we had to go help someone with their roof (same people as last time). We spent about 4 hours doing that, then had dinner. So, by like 6:00, we had taught 2 lessons, and needed another 4. We prayed for a miracle, and it happened. We taught a less active till 7:00, then went to teach Austin and Kennedy White. Then we hurried to someone we needed to see and teach sometime this week, and found two of their family members and taught them. However, on the way, I knew we needed to make good time. So, I was driving like Dad when he is late, and came to a stop light. It turned red before I got to it, and I decided I would turn right instead. So, I turned into the parking lot next to the light and pulled back out into the street to continue on my way. It was then I saw these beautiful flashing red and blue lights behind me. I thought to myself, “Wow, those are very pretty lights.” Then I thought, “You know, I should stop for a moment to take in their full beauty.” So I pulled into a nearby church parking lot to look at the lights, and a nice man in a cool looking blue uniform came to my window and asked for my licence. I was so confused as to what was going on. For some odd reason, he chastised me for something then told me he was going to give me a warning, then left. Then, to my dismay, the pretty lights turned off. I thought, “Well, that was a fun adventure.” So, then we hurried over to find another person, and taught them. Somehow, finishing the day off at about 9:30, we ended up teaching 6 lessons that day, thus achieving our goal of 20 lessons this week. It was the most satisfying thing ever! I really can see why they always try to get us to learn how to set goals.Today we are going over to a less active guys house for some ‘physical training.’ He does ultimate fighting. So we asked him to teach us how to fight, and we are starting today. I am so excited.Connie is doing well. She was able to come to church this week. We are hoping to teach a lot of really cool people this week, but we will see. Thanksgiving is throwing in a curve ball at us. Nobody wants to be taught.Well, time flies. There is more I could report, but that is all for now. Elder Greg Anderson
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment