Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Elder Sevy - December

This week I had the oppurtunity to take a little visit to Stockton. The mission policy is that if you are there when an investigator sets a firm baptism date and then you get transferred, you can go back to the old area for the baptism. so it was a good experience to see a lot of my stockton friends in the Branch because the baptism is right after church. So the baptism was for Vue and Bao. I got word that they got married the Tuesday before. I have the pictures, even if I wasn't there. But all of the members wore native Hmong clothes to the civil wedding and the Branch President performed the marriage and then they got baptized the next Sunday. How sweet it was to see how prepared they truly were for being an active member in the church. They were ready for baptism for two months or so, but Bao just turned 18 (married young like you mom...just kidding...I know: you just turned 19). But Vue and Bao have there focus on being married in the temple. How wonderful it was to see their commitment and preparation. Vue has been stong from the first. Bao at first didn't believe, but as she participated in church, read the scriptures, prayed aloud--all these faith strengthening activities--she was very well prepared for baptism with a testimony in the Atonement and Restoration. I'm out of time gotta go.--Elder Sevy

No comments: