Wednesday, February 4, 2009
Elder Gray- February
Hey everyone, Things here in Newfoundland are going good. It is getting pretty cold now. The last few days have it has been about -20*C with the windchill. And this is one of the more milder spots on Newfoundland from what they tell us. How are you dealing with the cold Chad? What are the temps over there? It isn't really too bad though once you get used to it all. Trevor and Rob you are lucky to be in summer right now. We had a pretty funny experience a couple weeks ago. We were out in a little town 20 minutes outside of Marystown. It had just snowed and the roads had been plowed and I was looking for a place to park. Which is more difficult with the snow banks and that. I decided to park in a spot that I had parked on a previous trip there, before we got any snow. Since the road had just been plowed and and everyone had driven their ski-doos (snowmobiles) on the snow I couldn't see where the pavement ended. I ended up going a little to far over. Once the passenger side tires left the pavement the car sank into the snow. I tried to drive out of it but we were stuck pretty good. So I got out to see how bad it was and to try to think of what to do. As I was looking at it I turned around and the guy across the street was just staring at us. So I asked him how he was doing. And his response was a lot better then your doing. I thought to myself haha well duh our car is stuck sideways in a ditch. Then I asked him if he had any ideas. His response this time was well you better start praying. I was just like man this guy is going to give me all the crap he can. All of this is going on while my comp. is stuck in the car because his door won't open due to the snow. Finally the guy came over and took a look at it. Then he had his buddy go and get the truck and they pulled us out. It was pretty funny. We have recently found this pretty sweet lady named Marleen. We have been teaching her for a few weeks. She knows that it is all true. There is a problem though because she is living common law. The good news is she is planning on getting married. The bad news is that they have the date set for July of 2010 which is a good distance away. We are going to be working with her on moving up the date. We still have some stuff we need to teach her too. We will see how that all goes. We just had zone conference last week. In my interview with my mission president he told me that he is planning on moving me this transfer. And as well he is going to make me a leader now. We have transfers Febuary 12th so I only have a couple of more weeks here in Marystown. I should find out where I am going next in about a week and a half. It is going to be hard to leave Marystown. I have grown to love this branch even though it is small. It was quite the experience serving here. I have grown so much from being here. And I have learned to appreciate the way things are back home where the church is big. I have got more comfortable talking in church because I have done it so frequenlty since coming here. Although that is just in front of 3-4 people. And on the weeks that no one showed just my companion. Fast and testimony meeting with just my companion and me was interesting. And the experience of being branch president. I have learned so much from serving the people of the branch here. I can't even explain it all. Well I need to get going now. I hope all of you guys are doing good. Chad you are coming up on your year mark I believe. Congrats on that. And everyone else has been out for awhile now. It is crazy the time is flying. I can't believe how fast it is going. It is going to be good to hear how you are all doing agian. Good luck with everything.-Elder Jordan Gray
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment